Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Spirit







This is made from tinted and glossy polyurethane, spray paint, and oil paint. The spots of silver and gold were not intentional. When I poured this it looked nothing like the final image. The silver spraypaint gathered into pools. A closer view reveals layers of color and interesting accidental shapes.


I love to use this technique it feels like I am standing back and watching it grow. These paintings have an inner glow.

And a literal glow,...this is the same painting but lit from behind.

This process is strange for me because it is full of surprises. I can pour something and love the gesture of it and by morning it can be a dissappointment. My luck is about 3 out of 5 will show some promise of being interesting.



This is a section of the painting. The colors are raw. When you look into the darkness you see layers of color. It feels like looking at a nebula, or into the depths of the ocean.

No comments: