Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Ice Storm

It's been a bad month for many people. The ice storm in Northwest Arkansas was unprecendented. I lived through a similar event in the River Valley in 2000 but that was 3 days without lights. This storm was a week without electricity and heat. Two weeks ago, the first day of the ice storm, I slipped, fell on my back (I am still recovering). I also landed on my new iphone and the hours of figuring it out are for nothing. There wasn't much I could do about my back but remain immobile and order my kids to keep the fire going.
Next our computer was smashed by my brother-in-law; I'm looking through a spider web of cracks.
Then the worst news---we lost my dear father-in-law. This has absorbed our thoughts and energies, and the world will forever be empty without him.
We still don't have heat, hot water, or internet and I have realized how we are spoiled! The spring will bring new thoughts and a stronger back....here's to hope.

As for my painting plans; I have much to work on the Choctaw; it's been three weeks since I"ve picked up a brush!
I am donating a portrait to a school in Houston needing money. Connections in Houston would be great. I have no pictures of anything, but after what we've been through I forgive myself! I'll be back in the swing of things soon.

No comments: